As An Essential Health Service We Are Open Through All Future Lockdowns Or Tier Restrictions.
Unfortunately, we would not be able to do routine scale & polishes under the NHS, this is an Aerosol Generating Procedure and we need to conserve our enhanced PPE for our NHS Urgent Dental Care patients.
Failure To Attend Your NHS Dental Appointment May Restrict Your Access To NHS Dental Care In The Future.
We do hope you and your family are keeping safe and well. Higher risk of serious health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, liver cancer and oral cancer have been linked with poor oral health. Therefore, it is essential to maintain your regular dental checkup visits with your dentist to ensure that your oral health is maintained to a good standard.
The health, wellbeing and safety of all our patients, their families and our staff is our priority. Therefore, we would like to take this opportunity to explain your new patient journey & measures we are taking to keep you safe, and to comply with social distancing guidelines:
1. You can now book appointments for your Oral Health Assessment for any day by calling us on 01793 529985 during our opening hours of Monday – Friday 8:15am – 4:45pm.
IMPORTANT – In order to comply with the Government’s social distancing guidance, patients are NOT permitted to attend the practice without a pre-booked and confirmed appointment. The only option to book an appointment is:
a) Phone us on: 01793 529985
We will only be able to see you if you confirm that you and no one in your household has shown any symptoms and do not need to self-isolate in accordance with the Government Guidance here – https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/check-if-you-have-coronavirus-symptoms/
2. The following forms: COVID-19 Pre-Appointment Questionnaire, NHS Practice Record Form – Patient Declaration, Medical History, Patient Details and Oral Health Survey, will be sent to you by email to fill in online 48 hours before your appointment. ALL Forms Must Be Completed Online Before You Attend The Practice. If Your COVID-19 Pre Appointment Questionnaire Is Not Filled In You Will NOT Be Seen.
3. On the day of your appointment, please come to the practice no more than 10 minutes before your stated appointment time. Please attend the appointment alone. This is to ensure we will only have 1 patient (or a limited number of patients) in the practice at any time, to maintain social distancing requirements.
4. Once you come to the practice the front door will be open, please enter and wait at reception. Your dedicated nurse wearing the required PPE, will come and collect you from reception. At this point your temperature will be taken and your COVID-19 Pre-Appointment Questionnaire will be checked. If you exhibit any signs of COVID-19 at this stage you will not be allowed to enter the practice. At All Times Within The Common Areas Of The Practice Please Maintain 2 Metres Social Distancing From Any Other Patient Within The Practice. It Is Mandatory That You Wear A Mask Before You Enter The Practice And Continue Wearing It Until You Are Seated On The Dental Chair. On Leaving The Treatment Room You Must Put On Your Mask And Continue Wearing It While You Are In The Practice.
5. Once you are inside the treatment room – your dedicated nurse and dentist will be wearing the appropriate Government recommended Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
6. Your payment will be taken at reception. We are working on making available online payments to reduce the need for in person payments – we will keep you updated on our progress.
If you would like to make an appointment, please:
- Call us on: 01793 529985
Ambience Dental Practice looks forward to seeing you soon.