May 26, 2020
Caring for you at home
Your dental health is important to us – Your Oral Health Assessment update.
~ Unfortunately, we would not be able to do routine scale & polishes under the NHS, this is an Aerosol Generating Procedure and we need to conserve our enhanced PPE for our NHS Urgent Dental Care patients ~
Failure To Attend Your NHS Dental Appointment May Restrict Your Access To NHS Dental Care In The Future
As An Essential Health Service We Are Open Through All Lockdowns Or Tier Restrictions
Dear Valued Patient,
We do hope you and your family are keeping safe and well. It is essential to maintain your regular dental checkup visits with your dentist to ensure your good oral health. A new study from Queen’s University Belfast has found that people with poor oral health are more likely to develop liver cancer.The investigation involved over 450,000 people across the UK and discovered that failing to look after your teeth and gums can make you up to 75% more likely to develop cancer of the liver.The potentially life-threatening disease is the latest in a long line of health conditions to be linked with poor oral hygiene. Higher risk of chronic disease such as heart disease, stroke and diabetes have also been linked with common oral health problems.
The health, wellbeing and safety of all our patients, their families and our staff is our priority. Therefore, we would like to take this opportunity to explain your new patient journey & measures we are taking to keep you safe, and to comply with social distancing guidelines:
1. You can now book appointments online for your Oral Health Assessment for any day or by calling us on 01793 529985 during our opening hours of Monday – Friday 8:15am – 4:45pm.
a) Book online at: http://bit.ly/AmbienceDentalPracticeBookAppointment
b) Phone us on: 01793 529985
We will only be able to see you if you confirm that you and no one in your household has shown any symptoms and do not need to self-isolate in accordance with the Government Guidance here – https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/check-if-you-have-coronavirus-symptoms/
2. The following forms: COVID-19 Pre-Appointment Questionnaire, NHS Practice Record Form – Patient Declaration, Medical History, Patient Details and Oral Health Survey, will be sent to you by email to fill in online 48 hours before your appointment. ALL Forms Must Be Completed Online Before You Attend The Practice. If Your COVID-19 Pre Appointment Questionnaire Is Not Filled In You Will NOT Be Seen.
3. On the day of your appointment, please come to the practice no more than 10 minutes before your stated appointment time. Please attend the appointment alone. This is to ensure we will only have 1 patient (or a limited number of patients) in the practice at any time, to maintain social distancing requirements.
4. Once you come to the practice the front door will be open, please enter and wait at reception. Your dedicated nurse wearing the required PPE, will come and collect you from reception. At this point your temperature will be taken and your COVID-19 Pre-Appointment Questionnaire will be checked. If you exhibit any signs of COVID-19 at this stage you will not be allowed to enter the practice. At All Times Within The Common Areas Of The Practice Please Maintain 2 Metres Social Distancing From Any Other Patient Within The Practice. It Is Mandatory That You Wear A Mask Before You Enter The Practice And Continue Wearing It Until You Are Seated On The Dental Chair. On Leaving The Treatment Room You Must Put On Your Mask And Continue Wearing It While You Are In The Practice.
5. Once you are inside the treatment room – your dedicated nurse and dentist will be wearing the appropriate Government recommended Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
6. Your payment will be taken at reception. We are working on making available online payments to reduce the need for in person payments – we will keep you updated on our progress.
If you would like to make an appointment, please:
Ambience Dental Practice looks forward to seeing you soon.
Wishing you all the best and keep safe and well.
Ambience Dental Practice Team